We’ve been posting responses from you about your orchids and how you care for them. Here’s another great one from Eduardo in Caracas, Venezuela!
I hope you pick up a few ideas and tips. Plus you’ll see that we ALL make some mistakes from time to time on our orchid growing adventure! 🙂
1. How many orchids are in your collection?
33 Catt, 8 Dend, 1 onc., 3 paphiop, 1 Odontbrass, 3 Onc., 2 Vanda, 5 Beallara, 15 Phal 71 total
2. What is your most-prized orchid?
Blc. Lawless Romeo & Juliet
3. How did you get started growing orchids, and how long have you been growing orchids?
For good last October, one of my daughters got one Dend. from a gift june last year and it bloom in october I was fascinated and here I am
4. Where do you live and what type of climate do you grow your orchids in?
In Caracas, Venezuela……..tropical climate 2 seasons summer (rain six months) and winter (no rain at all) 15?C to 20?C at nigths 23?C to 28?C at day
5. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made growing orchids?
I do not know yet for sure since I have only almost lost one Catt. a month ago, it went yellow but I repoted it, cuted all yellow leaves and black roots and still is ONE SINGLE leave green standing. I hope it will survive.
6. What are your favorite orchid resources to learn from?
My provider, a 35 years experience orchids grower I have near home, and of course the Internet.
7. What’s the coolest trick you’ve ever learned growing orchids?
Buying plants in different months when they are just blooming or with the spata full and I can see baby orchid buds growing so I have had since last October beautiful flowers all the time. The first one now has new leaves and new buds.
Can you identify with Eduardo and his orchid journey? Leave us a comment below and tell us about it!
If you want to have us possibly feature YOUR orchid collection here on Orchid Care Zone, please fill out our special form right here.