Recently we went out to all of our “Orchid Care Zone” subscribers and asked you about your orchids and how you care for them. We got some great responses, and we wanted to share them with you.
I hope you pick up a few ideas and tips. Plus you’ll see that we ALL make some mistakes from time to time on our orchid growing adventure! 🙂
With that in mind, let’s jump in with our new “Subscriber Spotlight” on Esther L from Guam!
1. How many orchids are in your collection?
Maybe around 50 or more
2. What is your most-prized orchid?
It was more like “was” for my bluish-purple orchid with 5-6 ft roots died last year.
3. How did you get started growing orchids, and how long have you been growing orchids?
I have been growing orchids for 30 years or so, but I am only an amateur and I am still learning.
4. Where do you live and what type of climate do you grow your orchids in?
I live on Guam which has a tropical climate.
5. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made growing orchids?
It’s more like mistakes for I learned not to expose them too directly under the sun.
6. What are your favorite orchid resources to learn from?
Books and from friends.
7. What’s the coolest trick you’ve ever learned growing orchids?
Cattleyas grow better when attached to a palm tree.
8. If you’d like to share any additional comments about your orchid love, please add it in the box below
I love all colors, but my favorites are the yellow and purple ones.
Do you have any thoughts about their cool trick? Does this work for you too? Leave us a comment below and tell us about it!
If you want to have us possibly feature YOUR orchid collection here on Orchid Care Zone, please fill out our special form right here.