We’ve been posting responses from you about your orchids and how you care for them. Here’s another great one from Sara in Florida!
I hope you pick up a few ideas and tips. Plus you’ll see that we ALL make some mistakes from time to time on our orchid growing adventure! 🙂
1. How many orchids are in your collection?
2. What is your most-prized orchid?
3. How did you get started growing orchids, and how long have you been growing orchids?
6 mos or so….
4. Where do you live and what type of climate do you grow your orchids in?
Keep them on the porch – Ft Myers. I have to watch the sun.
5. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made growing orchids?
Starting with them… My husband says, when are you stopping on buying them? I go to nursery, Home Depot, Lowes, anywhere I can when he is not with
me. I have a few baby catts that I am trying after buying them in a net at Home Depot…. they were cheap, and they are doing good. I got them for $7. This is one of the nurseries I go to.
6. What are your favorite orchid resources to learn from?
This website and several books.
7. What’s the coolest trick you’ve ever learned growing orchids?
Ice cubes question: How often should I feed them? I have been doing it every time I water them. So far, so good… once a week. I water them, then drain, then feed them, drain. I would appreciate your comments for feedback please.
I keep a folder of information. I print everything I can.
Can you help Sara out about feeding her orchids? Leave us a comment below!
If you want to have us possibly feature YOUR orchid collection here on Orchid Care Zone, please fill out our special form right here.